Caring for the LGBTQI+ Community is a Course
Caring for the LGBTQI+ Community
Full course description
CAPACITY offers free, self-paced courses designed to help RNs strengthen knowledge and skills to practice to the full scope of license in community-based primary care settings.
This module will provide pertinent information regarding lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning and intersex (LGBTQI+) terminology and approaches to provide gender and sexuality affirming care to patients.
- Pertinent LGBTQI+ health related terminology
- How to use cultural humility during encounters with LGBTQI+ patients
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 06/25/2022
- Expiration Date: 06/24/2025
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-727-9208.