Full course description
CAPACITY offers free, self-paced courses designed to help RNs strengthen knowledge and skills to practice to the full scope of license in community-based primary care settings.
In this module, you'll listen to two podcasts on maternal health disparities.
- Develop an understanding of the RN’s lived experience of addressing social and structural determinants of health in the maternal health setting
- Evaluate the impact of The COVID pandemic and exacerbation of underlying chronic health conditions
- Explore the impact of societal problems on the experiences of pregnant populations in the clinical setting
- Explore strategies to better care for populations at risk for health inequities
- Discuss the role of the RN in policy and the potential influence on health outcomes
- Discover how nurses can work to expand their influence within the political infrastructure
- Discuss the biggest challenges impacting the nursing profession from a policy perspective
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 06/30/2022
- Expiration Date: 06/29/2025
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-727-9208.