Full course description
CAPACITY offers free, self-paced courses designed to help RNs strengthen knowledge and skills to practice to the full scope of license in community-based primary care settings.
In this course, you will hear Helen Baker, Assistant Professor at the Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, interview three nurse alumni from the CAPACITY program - Community Academic Partnership for Primary Care Nursing Transformation – a $2.7 million award from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to help increase the number of nurses working in community-based primary care settings, particularly among medically underserved populations. Adam Bullock, BSN, RN, CEN is a Nurse Clinician in the Emergency Department at Emory Decatur Hospital. Dara Suchke, BSN, RN, is a Nurse Clinician at the Emory Hospital Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment Unit. Rika Win Kemp, BSN, RN, worked as a perinatal nurse and she is currently enrolled in a DNP program in mental health nursing at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of learning and completing clinical experiences in primary care for nursing students
- Learn how nurses trained in primary care use this knowledge in their nursing practice, even if it is not directly in primary care
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 06/30/2022
- Expiration Date: 06/29/2025
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-727-9208.